Quick Login

Author Topic: Greetings from TN  (Read 506 times)

Offline K4IDK

• Able Seaman
Greetings from TN
« on: April 29, 2014, 14:37:45 UTC »
I joined a little while ago and then never got around to introducing myself.  One of those time things.

Anyway, I was originally licensed in the late 1980s as KC4LWJ and was active on HF, not so much QRP, but a lot of CW, since I had to have a code speed of 15 WPM for my MOS in the Army at the time.  It was the perfect job, I went to work, jumped out of airplanes, spent time in the woods, did a lot of shooting, and worked with radios, and then when I got off of work I did it all over again.

Then in late 1992 I became inactive and let my license expire.  Three years ago I got back into ham radio and involved with an ARES group.  Since then I've I've passed the Extra exam and have that license, I just recently got my DXCC award and went through COML last year.

As far as QRP goes, that's a whole new challenge for me, and honestly, not something that I'm active in at the moment, but I have a lot of interest in it, as well as operating from the field with easily deployable antennas using mostly CW.  So I'm not trying to toot my own horn, just letting you know where I'm at now and what my interests are.  Hopefully that introduction didn't sound too arrogant.  But I look forward getting a lot of good advice on QRP and learning as much as I can so that I can pass it on to others.