Quick Login

Author Topic: QSLs can be hard work!  (Read 2081 times)

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
QSLs can be hard work!
« on: April 03, 2018, 21:50:21 UTC »
I’ve spent several hours today dealing with about 150 QSLs from the bureau. QSLs for QSOs from home are easy to deal with as QSOs are on computer, but the /P QSOs are another matter entirely as I use paper logging when /P and have five or six different locations some with multiple activations over several years. Some /P cards I received were from as far back as 2004. It’s good to read nice comments like ‘Thanks Dave for IOTA XXXX or ‘Thanks for the 2x QRP QSO’, but I do wish some folk would take more time and care with their handwriting as some dates and times can be very hard to decipher and take quite a long time and lots of guesses to track down.
Dave

VE2TH

Re: QSLs can be hard work!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 00:38:53 UTC »
Hello Dave,

WOW!! 150 QSL's from the bureau, you are very Lucky, I never got that in 55 years of ham radio.
The most I have had in a year, it is around 40 to 50 paper QSL via the bureau, and a few direct, and it was my best year.-It is usually much less than that.

Since the new world wide system of grid squares in 1983, I activated 72 different grids over the years since then. But QSL'ing is very low. It seems, at least for me, that the QSL'ing system is less popular.

Percentage return of QSL, for me:

LOTW = 21%,  E-QSL 34% (much better), PAPER QSL = 9%, TOTAL: 64% for the 3 qsl'ing systems.
not bad anyway.-

---------------------------------------------------

Concerning  the log, it is the same here, when portable I use paper log, and once at home I put them in the computer. I agree with you, Yes it is good to read nice comments on the old paper QSL which is not the case with LOTW & E-QSL.

Anyway, I'm looking to better propagation Hi!  ;D

72, Michel