Quick Login

Author Topic: Sennheiser PX95 headphones  (Read 2351 times)

Offline G0BVZ

• Commodore
  • Feet in England heart in Ireland. Éirinn go Brách!
Sennheiser PX95 headphones
« on: March 28, 2014, 13:42:47 UTC »
I was very interested in the Sennheiser PX95 headphones the moment I saw a picture of them:  they were obviously light and the steel headband promised a comfortable fit rather than a vice-like grip. The clincher was the 114dB SPL.  I'm deaf: headphones can be very uncomfortable when they press on hearing aids, as many do.  These 'phones have a very light touch; I could wear them all day. I do not notice any uncomfortable pressure.  They sit 'on ear' so I don't get the over heated ears.  The wire is comfortably short at 1.2m so there is less to get tangled.

In noisy surroundings I can set the hearing aids for induction loop and they pick up the sound from the changing electromagnetic field of the 'phones rather than via their microphones so confusing background noise is cut dramatically which is great for we deaf guys.

I reduce the supply voltage to my Youkits hf rig because that is the only convenient way to reduce power; unfortunately that reduces audio too, but the 114dB SPL makes it sound louder, which is a nice bonus for me. The PX95's do not fold but they are not bulky either.  They also sound good to me.

Whether or not you are deaf, I recommend you listen to these phones when next you want new, light and sensitive headphones.

Technical Data and Specification of PX 95
Impedance    32 Ω
Sound pressure level (SPL)    114 dB
THD, total harmonic distortion    < 0.1% (1 kHz, 100 dB SPL)
Cable length    1.2 m
Weight    71 g

Vic /happy