Quick Login

Author Topic: CQ WW CW QRP  (Read 2239 times)

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
CQ WW CW QRP
« on: November 30, 2014, 19:45:49 UTC »
I made a slightly more determined effort this year though stuck with a single band (15m)QRP 'Classic' i.e no use of Cluster for spotting.
I found it quite surprising just how well 5 Watts can do. I've not had chance to import the SD contest log into my main log yet and do a country check but I'm sure I've added a lot of EU countries to my QRP worked list. Yesterday morning and this morning I worked several JAs as well as China, Taiwan and VK. Afternoons and evenings brought a good many NA contacts.
Notable contacts for first time QRP were - KH6LC Hawaii, Four of the PJ4s on Bonaire (was on my 'needed' QRO list!) and a very big surprise when I worked HC8AO/8 on Galapagos.

Working Sweden was difficult and I didn't manage a single contact with LA  :( :)

Now just have to wait about 6 months to get the final scores and results.
Dave

Offline IZ5ZCO

• Admiral
  • The world is too small for QRO.
    • QRP Club
Re: CQ WW CW QRP
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 00:16:38 UTC »
FB Dave!

Now just have to wait about 6 months to get the final scores and results.

Only one month to see the claimed scores.  ;)

I sailed on 20 m.  :)
72 de Nicola

DF5WW

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 12:59:10 UTC »
Have worked in 10m single band category and catched 3 new ones. 8Q7DV (Maledives), 5K0A (San Andres) and 7O2A (Yemen) ..... Now i´m on 237 worked with QRP. Also i worked some countries that i worked earlier but are not verified by LotW. Hope my LotW verified count will be step up from 194 to 200 + .....

All in all a very nice contest weekend. Relaxed DX hunting and not on highscore hunt now  ;) ;)

PG4I

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 20:26:57 UTC »
I made 87 QSOs on 20 with one Watt output to a dipole. Some nice ones: VE6JY, CR3A, W3LPL, N2MM, K8AZ, K9CT, 9K2HN. It is such a great contest.

Checked out some of these stations on the internet and found out that most of them have towers with 4 stacked 4 element monobanders. No wonder they are so loud...  :))

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 21:31:20 UTC »
Juergen - 200+ worked QRP is amazing, it took me several years to get to 200 using 100W.
Joop - 87 QSOs with just 1 Watt over just two days really deserves a medal, though I agree about those big signals and stacked arrays - those guys have very good ears.

I've only been using true QRP since I discovered QRPc late last year (Thanks Nicola!!) and until just a couple of hours ago I had no idea of how many DXXC I'd worked but I've discovered how to sort my log by power level and find that since 21 November last year I've managed 115 - all CW. Leaves me plenty more to go for! ;D
Dave

PG4I

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 18:03:04 UTC »
Wow... more than 100 countries in a year... Very good Dave!