Quick Login

Author Topic: How many DXCC's do members of the forum have?  (Read 2320 times)

Offline NY4G

• Able Seaman
How many DXCC's do members of the forum have?
« on: January 17, 2014, 19:38:19 UTC »
I was just wondering how many DXCC's forum members have worked/confirmed.  This is limited to only ones worked/confirmed at QRP power levels only.

OK - so I will start
I have worked 122 DXCC and confirmed 95

How about you guys and gals?  I suspect many of you have a lot more.

NY4G

VE2TH

Re: How many DXCC's do members of the forum have?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 21:13:32 UTC »
Hello,

Congrats on your DXCC, 95 confirmed so at least 5 to go to the award, Great!

Well here I have 266 countries worked, 263 confirmed, all QRP. But it is rather very hard to upgrade
to reach at least 300  :--)))

I also have many other awards all QRP.

It is a real challenge, just an exemple, my WAS # 1280 all 6 meters all QRP took me 23 years to complete.

But getting the QSL's is much harder :--))) and longer :--((

See you on the air,

72 Michel VE2TH QRP & QRPp

Offline NY4G

• Able Seaman
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 05:00:56 UTC »
Michel,

Thanks for the reply - 266 worked and 263 confirmed.  Wow that is quite an achievement and all QRP.  Just wondering how many you have QRPp.  We have a challenge in our club to do 100 DXCC at 500 milliwatts.  I thought that was impossible - but seeing what you have done - it might be possible.  I also have WAS QRP and DXCC QRP.  I try to get QRP confirmations although not required by the ARRL for DXCC QRP.  I have worked 225 and confirmed 190 but not all QRP.  QRP is limited to 122 but I still try to get more.  Good luck and let me know if 100 DXCC QRPp is possible.

Ariel NY4G

Offline JQ2UOZ

• Able Seaman
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:56:24 UTC »
Hello.

I have 181 DXCC-entities worked with an output of 500mW (0.5W) and dipole, and now 177 entities confirmed by QSL cards or LoTW (Please see http://jq2uoz.blogspot.jp/2010/01/dxcc-qrpp-500mwdipole.html).

I think that the difficulty of achieving DXCC is greatly dependent on the geographical area of the stations. I think that it is far more difficult for South American and Oceanian stations to achieve QRP(p) DXCC than JA and European stations. An output power of 1W or less for JA stations may be equivalent to an output of 5W for South American and Oceanian stations.

Thank you.

Aki, JQ2UOZ

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:46:09 UTC »
I'm amazed and very impressed by all those QRP DXCC scores.
I'm only up to probably 70 worked QRP since June 2013 though my overall score (100W) stands at 314 worked and 308 confirmed. Actually I think it's probably 317 worked as about 4 years ago I'd a hard disc crash and lost some of my log covering about a year!
Nowadays I seldom send for QSLs as it's so expensive and I'm not terribly about having the paperwork to confirm what I've achieved.
I'm starting to look around for new logging software as my present log doesn't seem able to output scores based on power.

Dave
Dave

VE2TH

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 22:39:21 UTC »
Hello Dave,

Yes it is amazing and impressive, but, don't forget,  it is on a 50 years period. The same for the WAS
all 6 meters which took 23 years. And it was on six meters SSB/CW with a 5 element beam.

An other award which I'm , proud is the: Canadian Qrp Award for working/confirming all Provinces (10) and Territories (4).It tooks many many years, don't remember how many. 

I'm VE2 Number 002, VE number 008, and the certificate is dated Feb 15, 2008, Imagine  ;D

VE8NSD, Garth was the last territory I needed, and I catched him on six meters at the same time as I catched VY1JA, Jay in Yukon.

A very nice jackpot that day, and it was with the help of a very "Good AURORA Es"

But it is a real achievement because ham radio activities are very low here in Canada. Now with
all the new technologies there is much less active amateurs.

In the past, we had many meteorological stations in the Great North, now it is all Satellites.

The VY1 Yukon, VE8 North West Territories and  VY0 Nunavut are extremely rare. In 50 years
I heard/worked Yukon (VY1)  only twice. One on HF  and the other one on 6 meters, with the help of "AURORA Es"

OH! Garth VE8NSD, was using a FT-817 into a vertical at 15 feet, and Jay VY1JA was using also an FT-817 with a wire vee beam. Something you dont see very often in the QRP world.

Well,  that is just a little bit of history, I have many more  ;D

Hard to do ? Yes, But, I still love QRP forever,

72, Michel VE2TH

Offline wg5g

• Petty Officer
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 18:18:06 UTC »
Good afternoon,

My name is Dan WG5G, DXCC totals all qrp 343 including deleted, 335 current mixed total, cw total 336 w/deleted, 329 current. Here I've always been a serious qrp dxer, started in 1984 with a Heathkit HW-9, then upgraded to a Kenwood TS-130V + VFO-120, still the same rig used today. Started out with a 5 band vertical and finally ended up with a highly modified Gem Quad at 50 ft. You can view the antenna on my QRZ page, I get asked all the time why don't you get an amp, I think everyone here knows the answer, there's just something about working dx with low power, for me honestly QRO is boring - What is the challenge? 73/72 Dan WG5G.