Quick Login

Author Topic: Is the QRP Club still alive?  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Kw4wa

• Petty Officer
Is the QRP Club still alive?
« on: August 13, 2019, 17:30:25 UTC »
I posted my introduction spiel this morning, and just noticed that the most recent post in this forum before mine was back on June 20.
Did everybody moved to another forum? or is QRP moribund?

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
Re: Is the QRP Club still alive?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:59:47 UTC »
I posted my introduction spiel this morning, and just noticed that the most recent post in this forum before mine was back on June 20.
Did everybody moved to another forum? or is QRP moribund?

Very little being posted for the past year. I used to look in frequently and tried to keep things going with the odd post, but it's starting to look rather dead now. Rather a shame as it was a very active and intersesting group when first established.
Dave

Offline PA1CJT

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 09:55:56 UTC »
As earlier mentioned just a few post have been made lately or has been read. As written in another post there is enough development going on in the world of QRP so it will still sell. Perhaps new items must be add to get people curious about QRP (again).

Offline f5gsk

• Petty Officer
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 08:24:50 UTC »
gm all,
I think that the qrper's goes away to  facebook where many grper's groups are alive - (qrp 14060 , qrp group etc...)
Pierre - F5GSK -

VE2TH

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 18:35:29 UTC »
Hi all,

Well it is very boring when peoples change from a forum and open a new web site, or a blog, or like you said, they go to Facebook.

It is the same with many Radio Club Web site, many of them don't have news for weeks ot months.
It seems to me that it would be very simple, The webmaster of such radio clubs, decided to change to Facebook, and let the readers with a simple note with the new Facebook address, or the new web site...

Easy as A B C .

Anyway it seems not to be the rule, and from time to time, you find very old news or old informations on those defunct clubs.

I hope some of the users put new items  to get again people curious about QRP .-

Have a nice week-end, and stay safe

72/73 Michel VE2TH The QRP'er