Quick Login

Author Topic: End feed windom  (Read 1745 times)

Offline sm5mek

• Crazy Swede as it should be
  • Rear Admiral
  • Love qrp cw and ssb, behold for my Swenglish
    • SM5MEKQRP on ENGLISH
End feed windom
« on: April 30, 2014, 08:37:22 UTC »
Was looking at a end feed windom in our national paper QTC, anyone here tested any end feed windom? Looks simple and cheap to build. Already ordered the toroids, having wire from old military telephone cable and using RG58 with BNC connector.  :)

Drawing and text here, text in Swedish but drawing in English.

Best regards, 72 de SM5MEK, Jenny.

Offline KO7I

• Petty Officer
Re: End feed windom
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 01:01:39 UTC »
I was unable to read the text of the article, but looking at the design drawings the first thing that comes to mind is re-radiation off the transmission line. but it appears there might be a single radial that is present to deal with the RF. Otherwise it looks like a very well built antenna.

Vy 73,

Don KO7i
Arlington, WA

QRP Rig: Elecraft KX3

Home Station Ant's:
Verticals 80 & 40M, with 36 radials.
Center Fed Dipole 34 ft long, 40 ft high, fed with ladder line and remote antenna tuner.

Offline sm5mek

• Rear Admiral
    • SM5MEKQRP on ENGLISH
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 06:50:10 UTC »
I was unable to read the text of the article, but looking at the design drawings the first thing that comes to mind is re-radiation off the transmission line. but it appears there might be a single radial that is present to deal with the RF. Otherwise it looks like a very well built antenna.

Vy 73,

The first balune is an 1:1 for taking care of return signals and the second one on the end of coax is an transformer to split the feeding so it acts like an normal windom. This is the feedpoint. Lets see if i can find some translation of the text, maybee with help of google translate.

Offline sm5mek

• Rear Admiral
    • SM5MEKQRP on ENGLISH
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 10:37:40 UTC »
Now i have done a breaf translation of the tecnikal part of the end feed windom antenna.  Se pics in the original  and the English text here.