QRP Station > Antennas

What's your favourite antenna for portable activity?

<< < (3/11) > >>

sm5mek:
I have used several different antennas, for portable use i like Black Widow, 3 bander 40, 30,20, have been operating SOTA with this antenna and getting out over Europe and to most northen parts of Sweden from mountain near Bollnäs with 10W. I also like the little Outbacker but homebuildt suprisingly good at 80m at daytime, worked from Uppsala to Ystad south of Sweden with good report. They are both fast to handle and take very litle space.
Also the windom wire antenna is really effective. Buddipole and buddistick is more mecano but good antennas, i have buildt my ovn model of this antenna. Also PAC-12 looks like buddistick. I for the moment are building an vertical with teleskopic rod on top and tunable fat coil in the bottom, Pictures will come on my qrp-blog. http://sm5mek.wordpress.com You can see all this antennas at my homepage http://sm5mek.se

m0jha:
with my KX1 I used a simple 42 foot end fed using the radios internal atu . Or A 52 foot doublet fed with balanced feeder to an EMTECH ZM2 atu .. I try and keep it as simple and light as possible ..

VE2TH:

I use Buddipole/Buddistick antenna, full size no coils, with one or 2 radials. I tune my antenna with the AA-54 RIG EXPERT antenna analyser.

On ten meters I use a 2 element full size beam built from Buddipole parts, and on six meters
I use a 2 or 3 elements full size beam.

I sometimes  use EFHW on 40/20/10 meters  when I have some trees in the area.

If you need any informations, plans, let me know.

72, Michel

K9FXR:
I have been using a Ventenna HFp vertical and I couldn't be happier.

GM0LVI:
I used a Buddipole in dipole configuration on the back of our motor home and it worked quite well for a low dipole. I've also used a Ventenna and it also performed well and was a good multi-band bit of kit although a bit of a fiddle when changing bands.
I sold the Buddipole and Ventenna and built my own 20-10m GP from ex-CB antenna tube with a loading coil wound on PVC water pipe and a telescopic tip from a domestic radio radio antenna. I designed it to fit into a suitcase for holiday use. It's lighter than the Ventenna, performs as well if not better on the higher bands but isn't nearly as well engineered or robust.

My holiday radio kit, all that's not shown are the radials >

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version