QRP Club > Mike's Tavern

How to call specifically QRP CLUB members on HF?

(1/2) > >>

G0BVZ:
OK, let's say I want to call & QSO fellow QRP Club members....

If I want to QSO fellow GQRP club members I can call CQ CQ CQ GQRP DE G0BVZ  K and so on.  If a GQRP club member can read my QLF CW, then we can QSO...

If I want to QSO fellow QRP Club members do I call CQ CQ CQ QRPC DE G0BVZ  K   ?

I've not found mention of a 'standard club CQ call' but maybe there should be one for this situation. QRPC may already be used by another club: I just used it as an example.  A directed call is useful to those without internet access and to purists who enjoy the challenge and rewards of traditional pre-internet hf operating. What do you think? Is this an idea worth following up? Can you dream up a good club CQ call? I  think short & snappy is good! As an incidental  benefit, CQ CQ CQ CLUB_ID DE G0BVZ type calls may raise awareness of this club, which is A Good Thing.

In the moment I'm in UK. Here some say (very loudly) it is not allowed to call ...DE G0BVZ/QRP so to be safe I guess callsign/club ID is not advisable for UK club members.

Vic /off to soak up some rays under an unfamiliar clear blue sky....

IZ5ZCO:
QRPC  ;)

G0BVZ:
I'm beginning to get the message. That looks pretty definite to me!!

CQ CQ CQ QRPC DE ...    it is, Cap'n.

Vic /nipping off to keel haul the yard arm....

IZ5ZCO:
At this moment the Cap'n is Jenny, but you are a candidate... ;) :D

sm5mek:
OHOj, Captain speaking, arrr. Anyone against cq qrpc? dont think so, lets use it  for a time and see how it works. Report your sucsess. grrrr arrr arrr.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version