QRP Station > Builder's Corner

Solid state 20M with VFO and CW/AM

(1/4) > >>

ve3lyx:
I am working on a solid state transmitter project. A freehand build (no schematic)
I have the MPS102 osc built , a classic Hartley, permeably tuned, fixed capacitance. I have the NPN buffer built and am trying to come up with a non toroidal broadband deal to couple it to my C1760 driver transistor . I need the coil there to install my loop modulator for AM as is in my Crystal controlled 80M rig. I have it covering the entire 20M band so CW and AM should be good. Havent picked a final amp yet. This is a spare time project but seems to be marching along anyway.
Don

ve3lyx:
Starting to come together. Slug tuned osc coil with its fixed cap is in front. Green coil for coupling the buffer to the driver stage is mounted and is  low Q deal which will hopefully allow sufficient wiggle that set will work well. It has a link coil right next to the main coil which feeds the driver  hopefully resonbly well. Outboard of that is the Absorption coil (twisted wires feeding out) which will provide the AM function when desired.  The PA will probably wind up on another board.
Don

ve3lyx:
Been working on it a few parts per day. I changed my mind and put my final amp on the same board. and it is almost wired in completely. Emm resistors are in and bypassed for both the driver and final. Emm resistors are an old trick , (Christmas bulb) as the value works well and I have a couple of hundred "in stock".  I have decided to shunt feed an outboard PI network for the final and that will be a separate board. (or simply mounted to the project case. ) Soon will come the hard part trouble shooting the design and getting it to run. Should be able to get close to 5 watts out and on 20M that is like a KW on 80M.
Don   
I should mention I found a C2029 transistor for my final. 

ve3lyx:
Been tempted to pair as set of finals but keep telling myself. "Discipline son. Don't get carried away. This is QRP after all." My friend Geoff VE3XFE has been working long distances on SSB at 500 Milliwatts on his Icom. It is his success that has spurred me on in this project. He wont even try 5 watts. Says "Nope, only 500 mils or it doesn't count."
Don

ve3lyx:
Did some more today. Getting close to the smoke test.
I need to go over the whole circuit and find and fix all my errors. Probably should draw the schematic first now that the design is established.
Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version