Quick Login

Author Topic: VHF QRP indoor  (Read 3029 times)

DF5WW

VHF QRP indoor
« on: November 10, 2016, 17:13:35 UTC »
Last Marconi Memorial i tested a bit with my FT-817ND. Don´t have had a 2m Yagi or Vertical so i tried only with the original rubber whip in my shack .... ODX to F6HPP/P between JN19GP and JO30TK with 332 km :-) :-)

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
Re: VHF QRP indoor
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 21:10:10 UTC »
Last Marconi Memorial i tested a bit with my FT-817ND. Don´t have had a 2m Yagi or Vertical so i tried only with the original rubber whip in my shack .... ODX to F6HPP/P between JN19GP and JO30TK with 332 km :-) :-)

That's incredible Juergen. Well done indeed!
Dave

DF5WW

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 12:41:06 UTC »
Thank´s Dave .... Have also had a few good ES contacts at 6m to EA6. EA3 and IT9 with simple wires in the shack. In the near future i will build a duoband DK7ZB yagi for 2m/70cm and a 3-Element DK7ZB for 6 m indoor use.  ;D ;D

Not to much place here but i think the chances to push up my ODX´s on 2/70 will be much better. My ODX on 6 m was 2 times W4 a dew years ago with 5w into a indoor delta loop in my attic in my old QTH in JO30SR ....  ;D ;D

VE2TH

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 01:41:42 UTC »
Hello Juergen,

Well done, Juergen, as I said somewhere in this forum, you never know what you  will or can  do,
with simple antennas.

I found this in my antennas documents. It is simple, has some gain and can be use in vertical or horizontal polarization.

According to the photo, It fit in a standard window.

http://www.k2zs.com/indoor-vhf-antennas/vhf-delta-loop

Try this one, and let us know how it works for you, sure you should have great dx fun QRP.

Have a nice week,

72 Michel VE2TH 

Offline G6URM

• Able Seaman
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 20:31:17 UTC »
yep well done - its surprising what you CAN do with qrp on 2 - even from indoors sometimes