Quick Login

Author Topic: hallo from colorado usa!  (Read 785 times)

Offline KA0USE

• Able Seaman
hallo from colorado usa!
« on: October 31, 2014, 21:01:48 UTC »
I do not know what the lowest rank is on a ship, but it must be 'swab' or 'bilge rat', or 'barnacle scraper'.
whatever it is, I am it. 'wharf rat' comes to mind, but that may be a landlubber. I love pirate talk!

I am 61 and back in school to be a teacher. 4 long years seemed like 40!
I do bicycle portable (not mobile because I don't ride and talk at the same time). using an mfj multiband walkabout (same as atx walkabout). pleases me much because the bicycle frame acts as a counterpoise, so no trailing wire. yaesu ft-817nd. in addition to the n (bnc) mount on the carrier I have a 3/8 inch x 24 pitch mount for a hamstick. if I can I will post some fotos later.
I recently returned to amateur radio after 20 years of inactivity. how the technology has changed!

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
Re: hallo from colorado usa!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 22:16:00 UTC »
Welcome aboard Rodney!
Your bicycle mobile sounds like a lot of fun.
I've just read your QRZ page, so congratulations on your teaching. What you are doing is a great and very valuable service to society.
Dave

DF5WW

Re: hallo from colorado usa!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 22:39:46 UTC »
Hi Rodney .. Welcome abboard ...

B.t.w.  to show what is possible as a Bicycle mobile here a link to a Video at Youtube ... It´s between a friend of mine (DK4AN) and a LY station which operates in CW while cycling with his Bike ... The Video is from the LY side ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goo8-UXQspM

Enjoy ...  ;) ;)