Quick Login

Author Topic: Look what you made me do.  (Read 2342 times)

Offline ve3lyx

• Commodore
Look what you made me do.
« on: December 29, 2013, 20:14:48 UTC »
QRP is addictive. Spurred on by this site and the fun of low power I dug out an rig I built maybe 30 years ago. I will fire it up today. Maybe it will still work. It has a NTE128 transistor in the final. When I opened it up I had tucked a schematic inside, a habit I developed as a kid that has stuck with me. It is crystal controlled and has a 3555rock sitting in it at the moment. I had also added a VXO function to give me wiggle when I needed it. Going to wire up some batteries to a plug and see if it still works. Any one within reasonable distant wants to try I am up for a QSO..I am due north of Rochestor New York just across the lake on the Canadian side.
Don

Offline ve3lyx

• Commodore
Re: Look what you made me do.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 17:37:57 UTC »
I got it working. Had an iffy trace on the bottom side of the board. I repaired it but since it is keying line I decided to hard wire it instead. Been calling CQ on 3686 at the moment. I have that crystal, a 3555 and a 3579, Am currently on 9 volts although I can go to 28 v if desired.  Maybe tomorrow. I will have to rig up a battery pack.
Don
Just added AM, modulation is light but usable. Can probably get it to 50%. System is passive and is from 1919 but works well. 

Offline AK4JA

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 15:08:05 UTC »
Dear VE3LYX:

I would like to set up a schedule with you to work you on the homebrew rig that you show in your post.  You can contact me through this website and we can work something out as far as a schedule. 

Bobby Drummond - AK4JA

Offline ve3lyx

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 18:45:25 UTC »
QRP rig now has a two transistor receiver been using it on 3535 that last couple of nights
I boosted the tx power and have been rubbing on it everyday. I think I am happy now. Rx works wonderful even for SSB.
Don