Quick Login

Author Topic: What was your best QRP QSO?  (Read 5000 times)

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
Re: What was your best QRP QSO?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 19:01:39 UTC »
Glad to hear you enjoyed CQWW Steve. It's a great contest for a QRPer to pick up a few more countries.
I thought about giving 10m a shot but decided to stick to 15m to see if I could beat my last year's totals.
Dave

Offline vk6jon

• Leading Rate
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 23:00:03 UTC »
Hi All,

I've just joined here and saw this thread. I'm currently staying in Edinburgh, Scotland until April next year so value all contacts back to VK.

I think I'd rank my best QRP QSO as one in early October this year. I did a two week trip to Scotland's Western Isles and operated using my Yaesu FT857, a 7Ah battery and my Buddipole set up as a vertical dipole and I worked VK5PO on 17 metres with 5 watts on SSB. He was receiving me readability 5 so was thrilled with that one!

Cheers,

Jonathan MM0/VK6JON

DF5WW

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 16:16:35 UTC »
Hi Jonathan,

great work with 5 watts in SSB. Have had several contacts to VK/ZL with abt. 5 watts but most in digitals or CW .... Not one SSB contact with 5 watts and my indoor antennas in my attic .... But i will try to make more SSB in the next future to got my 100 DXCC´s in SSB too  ;D ;D

Offline vk6jon

• Leading Rate
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 22:32:40 UTC »
Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the message. I've also done this many times when at home in VK6 at beachside and riverside locations with the antenna set up right next to the water. I get an excellent takeoff to Europe on 20 metres on the longpath from around 07:30 UTC for several hours and I've had signal reports as high as 5/8-9.

I'm currently operating in the mobile whilst in Edinburgh, Scotland with many contacts into VK mainly on 15 metres but the car set up needs a little more juice and I'm outside the QRP power at 20 - 40 watts.

73s.