Quick Login

Author Topic: Greeting DE AG6QR  (Read 1612 times)

Offline AG6QR

• Leading Rate
Greeting DE AG6QR
« on: May 06, 2015, 05:07:37 UTC »
My name is Rich, AG6QR.  I've been a ham for about two and a half years, though I had a long history of SWL and various electronic interests before becoming a ham.  My home is about 15 miles north of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, but I like to operate portable wherever I go.  Here is a picture of me operating last weekend at a campground in Sugarloaf Ridge State Park, on a mountain above the wine country of Sonoma Valley, California. 

My station that day was my Elecraft KX3, with a Buddipole (not shown in the photo).  I also have a Rockmite on 40m, and a few VHF/UHF rigs.  I have been working on building CW skills for a while, and am just now becoming comfortable making conversational QSOs at 12-15 WPM or so.

I have two children, ages 5 and 8, and they keep me busy enough that I don't get a lot of operating time.   But I thoroughly enjoy all the time I do get to spend on the air.  I also like kit building and various electronics tinkering.

Offline IZ5ZCO

• Admiral
  • The world is too small for QRO.
    • QRP Club
Re: Greeting DE AG6QR
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 13:44:25 UTC »
Welcome aboard, Rich.  :)
72 de Nicola

DF5WW

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 16:22:40 UTC »
Hi Rich,

nice "Shack" in a nice location .... welcome here ...  :D :D

VE2TH

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 21:08:14 UTC »
Hello Rich,

Very nice set-up, and sure you are equipped for many years of relaxation & fun!!

A warm welcome to this friendly QRP Forum.sure you should like it.

Best 73, Michel VE2TH QRP & QRPp