Quick Login

Author Topic: New one tube rig.  (Read 2775 times)

Offline ve3lyx

• Commodore
New one tube rig.
« on: April 12, 2017, 21:25:26 UTC »
After building the HAM Nation broadcast AM two tube transmitter I went further and built a push pull 12bh7a CW transmittter. From the moment I put it on the air it has been doing  good job with several contacts logged in a 400mi radius from my QTH. power out is 2.5 to 3 watts. It is rock bound but rubber well, I have been operating on 7028 and 7120 mostly. While it is stable I have been told it has an old timey sound. using what i knew about p&p osc it is basically my take on it. Ist contact was as a lashup of just arts and wires and answer was almost immediate. Best time is mid afternoon so far.
donVE3LYX

Offline I5SKK

• Leading Rate
  • Low Power and home made are my challenges
    • QRP,CW and HomeMade
Re: New one tube rig.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 19:53:49 UTC »
Hallo Don,

after a while I was back on this web site as I'm a QRP lover. And found your really fine one tuber. I love so much the one tubes and use them as a main stn quite often. It interesting to watch you job and it is really fine to see also, I can imagien to use also, HI

I know your about your regen use, and this is a new side of your Ham activity I did not know befor. congrats indeed :)  Wish you all the best and fubn with this one tuber :)

72 de

Alex I5SKK  since 1973 QRP and sometimes QRPp ....:)
Alex I5SKK ex I0SKK
quite alway QRP,
sometimes QRPp