Quick Login

Author Topic: ELK Antenna, VHF/UHF ..  (Read 1776 times)

VE2TH

ELK Antenna, VHF/UHF ..
« on: April 18, 2020, 21:33:39 UTC »
Hi All,

Got it a four (4) years  ago, and I'm very satisfied with it. I am using it with my Yaesu FT-817ND/FT-818ND  and a small Buddipole mast.

I ordered it with the very solid high quality carrying bag. Everything fit easily including my coaxial cable, and some fittings for my mast.

Portable operation, Sota Parks on the air, etc or at home, ideal if you live  in appartment/Condo it is really low profile.

It has double boom as it is a Log Periodic dual bands.- It is very good if you want to listen in between amateur bands, like FM Broadcast/Aviation etc..

I love the PVC mounting system, because you can turn it for Horizontal or Vertical polarization.
 I have add 2 foot section of one inch dia. PVC tubing (white) along with a female coupling to screw it on top of my Buddipole mast.

Description:
2M Gain 6.8 dbd (8.9 dBi);440 Gain 7 dBd (9 dBi);20 +dB Front to Back Ratio; 24 Inch Boom, or 60.96 CM.-

It is light and portable and can be taken anywhere for:

1- Fox hunting

2- Satellite, Amsat.org

3- Iss = International space station

4- ARES= Amateur Radio Emergency Service

5- EMCOMM = Emergency Communications

6- Repeaters or simplex FM

7- SSB/CW dx'ing or contest

8- Canwarn in Canada or Skywarn in US

9- Direction Finding

10 Public services events.

Think about it, you have a lightweight dual band beam which cover 144/148 & 430/450 MHz with only one coax cable without the use of a duplexer.

I worked few stations and heard some very distant beacons with the help of some tropo propagation, during the summer months.-

Quick to set up, easy to operate, it is a winning piece of gear. It is an ideal companion of all your adventures and a real Keeper.-

Thumbs up to the ELK Antenna crew.

LINKS: http://elkantennas.com/shop/

Watch also YOU TUBE, by typing ELK ANTENNA.

Look at this one, you will have a very good idea how it looks like, and this system is fun for any 6/2/70 CM contests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyHe7ef-Bq8

72/73 Michel VE2TH The QRP'er