Quick Login

Author Topic: A great portable antenna analyser  (Read 2149 times)

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
A great portable antenna analyser
« on: May 30, 2014, 21:34:28 UTC »
I've just bought a Buddistick for /P on holiday and it's quite difficult to get it set up on the different bands. My MFJ 259 helps, but is too big and heavy for either back packing or as hand baggage when flying. After reading reviews I've invested in a YouKits FG-01 analyser and it is absolutely brilliant with its graphical display and gives a much better picture (literally) of the antenna being tested. It weighs next to nothing too.
Photo is of a test on my home QTH Butternut HF2v on 80m taken indoors as it was too bright to show tests on the Buddistick out of doors.

Dave

Offline IZ5ZCO

• Admiral
  • The world is too small for QRO.
    • QRP Club
Re: A great portable antenna analyser
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 09:24:08 UTC »
Great analyzer!

New version (1.8 - 35MHz).
72 de Nicola

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 19:15:46 UTC »
Great analyzer!

New version (1.8 - 35MHz).

It goes beyond 35MHz and up to almost 60MHz. I used mine to have a look at my 6m yagi and discovered it could do with a bit of retuning!!
Dave

Offline YV5EN

• Petty Officer
  • CW forever
    • YV5EN web page
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 17:57:27 UTC »
I own the previous model, Youkits FG-01, 1-60Mhz Antenna ANALYSER and I'm very happy with it.
The only issue I found is that it gets warm if you leave it on for an relatively extended period (more than 30-45 secs in "on" position).

Any way I'm very happy with its performance  (... and price)
72 es 73, Edwin
Twitter: @YV5EN
Proud to be the First and only Ham in Venezuela to achieve QRP DXCC.
NAQCC Lifetime Memeber #4881, Straight Key Century Club #8307, Flying Pigs QRP Club #2713, Polar Bear QRP Club #299, Member of SPAR Society for the Preservation of Amateur Radio, ARRL & RCV member...