Quick Login

Author Topic: Hello to all group members!  (Read 754 times)

Offline W7KB

• Able Seaman
Hello to all group members!
« on: April 28, 2014, 19:54:37 UTC »
Hello to all group members! I was first licensed as a Novice Class Licensee in 1977.I upgraded to Technician Class one year later,followed by my upgrade to General Class a year later in 1979.I retained my General Class License and my original callsign,WB6TPF,for over thirty years and finally upgraded to Amateur Extra in 2009,and was able to obtain my vanity callsign W7KB shortly afterwards.My first 25 years of Amateur Radio was primarily done by CW communication,but as of late,I have been using SSB mode.I have to brush up on my CW sending skills,yet my ability to copy has not diminished.I operate both QRO and QRP and like to build some of my antennas for portable use in the nearby Sonoran Desert,located in Southern Arizona outside of Tucson.My primary xcvr for portable operations is an Icom 703+.Magnetic loops,monoband groundplanes and end fed wire antennas are my favorites in the field.Delta loop and half square antennas will become my next experimental projects.I hope to work some of you folks on the air in the near future.In the mean time,73 and good dx to each and every QRP club member! Dennis W7KB.