Quick Login

Author Topic: QRP logging - LoTW QRP  (Read 2196 times)

Offline K9EZ

• Able Seaman
QRP logging - LoTW QRP
« on: January 08, 2014, 15:50:00 UTC »
What are people using for logging for QRP and award tracking?  I like to use Har Radio Deluxe for my "QRO" station, but there is no way yo really track QRP and when I run QRP.  I have been using Logger 32, but sure miss some of the features of HRD.  I would LOVE to have a log program that would send CW through an interface like N1MM.

Also when it comes to LoTW, do you set up a different log in for the QRP contacts?

Thanks in advance!

Kent, K9EZ

Offline YV5EN

• Petty Officer
  • CW forever
    • YV5EN web page
Re: QRP logging - LoTW QRP
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 01:51:41 UTC »
I usually indentify my QRP transmission as YV5EN/QRP but I decided to upload every QRP QSO twice to LoTW (as YV5EN and also as YV5EN/QRP) because some hams logs me as YV5EN/QRP and others just as YV5EN.
I have a user_field I named QRP in Logger32 in order to identify my QRP QSOs (as a flag).

72 es 73, Edwin
Twitter: @YV5EN
Proud to be the First and only Ham in Venezuela to achieve QRP DXCC.
NAQCC Lifetime Memeber #4881, Straight Key Century Club #8307, Flying Pigs QRP Club #2713, Polar Bear QRP Club #299, Member of SPAR Society for the Preservation of Amateur Radio, ARRL & RCV member...

DF5WW

Re: QRP logging - LoTW QRP
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:49:28 UTC »
Hi Kent,

i work QRP only so it´s not a big problem for me  ;D
But i think some loggers have the options to have more than 1 database so that you can change from 1 call to another. Since HRD goes commercial i don´t use this software but i think it also has the option to user different databases for different calls/qth´s etc.

I´m using Log4Om and there i have the options to use complete other settings for each database. It´s good, it´s fast and it´s free. Take a look on it: http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/