Quick Login

Author Topic: "The QRP Day" Marathon  (Read 3754 times)

Offline YO9RIJ

• Petty Officer
"The QRP Day" Marathon
« on: December 09, 2013, 18:54:01 UTC »
Hello dear OMs
The Romanian Radioclub Association (http://radioclubulromaniei.ro/) are pending a new QRP marathon rules for YO hams but because i discovered here a lot of QRP enthusiasts i thing about the idea to extend, prepare and release rules for the entire world QRP community, enthusiasts in QRP life. The main idea of the "contest" is to encourage the hams to use QRP during the each Friday over the entire year start with 1 January to 31 December. An email containing only the QSO made in the specific days and using the QRP will be sent to to a specific email address to be evaluated and to set a score. The evaluation consisting in how many kilometers are achieve from the QSOs or to evaluate 2 points for each QRP to QRP QSOs or other good ideas belongs to you. The final winner will be declared "The QRP station of the year" A beautiful diploma and some interesting QRP gift will came. The  A.R.R.'s question is if this all year long contest are a good idea to encourage the hams to use QRP or not? I am interesting in your recommendations!
Thank you for the help!
73! by YO9RIJ Petrica "Pet"
A.R.R. member

Offline LU6DO

• Chief Petty Officer
    • LU6DO Web Site
Re: "The QRP Day" Marathon
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:26:02 UTC »
Hi Pet. I celebrate this excellent initiative. I think a calendar year is too long. Perhaps it is better and has more participants if you think in terms of a calendar month.
For example, "every Saturday in January."
Thank you for sponsoring QRP activity!!

72 & DX
LU6DO / QRP
Mariano
La radio es maravillosa, pero, siempre recuerda que lo más importante en la vida son los afectos y las vivencias.

Offline YO9RIJ

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 19:59:24 UTC »
Good  evening Mariano,
Thank you for the appreciation! I agree your recommendation to be only one month dedicated to QRP! Wich one has to be? To be one from the winter time that permit even in TOP BAND QSOs, or one from the summer time? Hard to decide!
Any idea?

Offline LU6DO

• Chief Petty Officer
    • LU6DO Web Site
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 22:28:03 UTC »
Yes Sir...it´s so hard really. Ummm, I think: Why not one month in summer and one in winter?
QRV my friend
Mariano (Mark)
La radio es maravillosa, pero, siempre recuerda que lo más importante en la vida son los afectos y las vivencias.

Offline YO9RIJ

• Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 19:58:20 UTC »
Actually! Why not? One month to be in February and one in August? How is sound this?
72!

Offline LU6DO

• Chief Petty Officer
    • LU6DO Web Site
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 20:52:04 UTC »
Sounds good my friend!! QRU!
72 de LU6DO
Mariano (Mark)

Offline YO2MSB

• Petty Officer
    • My Webpage
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 22:20:35 UTC »
I'm already involved in this, so I'm expecting to have beautiful QSO's with you all. Give me a call when you hear me in QRP frequencies. 72!

Offline LU6DO

• Chief Petty Officer
    • LU6DO Web Site
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 02:19:53 UTC »
Hello my friend!! I´m on the air, today I installed vert dipole 7 to 28mhz, works gud, few minutes ago I QSO with YV5, u can see the video
YV5 QSO
  Hope to see on the bands.
72 de LU6DO
Mariano "Mark"

Offline VK6MB

• Midshipman
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 03:26:42 UTC »
Hello my friend!! I´m on the air, today I installed vert dipole 7 to 28mhz, works gud,
72 de LU6DO
Mariano "Mark"

Hi Mark,
I would be interested in getting more information about your vertical dipole if I could , please.
73 Mike VK6MB

PG4I

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 09:19:03 UTC »
I think this year round contest is a great idea, especially if you do it outside the weekend because it would boost QRP activity. I agree with Mariano, a whole year is much to long. 2 months during the year would be okay.

What about one month focusing on the low bands during winter, one month during the summer when propagation on the top bands is best?

Offline YO9RIJ

• Petty Officer
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 18:13:18 UTC »
Hey Joop, the "contest" is set for each Friday of the two months!
Thank you for the idea! I will recommend in the contest's rules to follow what you suggested!   Actually, you can see way i put the contest to take place during those two months!! We had the same meaning of idea!
Here is the rules! (i will translate in Eng, and i will put in Eng section!)
http://radioclubulromaniei.ro/concursul-ziua-qrp-ului-regulament/
Enjoy to participate in it!
GL!
by YO9RIJ Pet

PG4I

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 20:12:33 UTC »
Thanks Pet! Looking forward to see the english translation!   :D

Offline YO9RIJ

• Petty Officer
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 20:49:42 UTC »
GE JOOP
the rules are here : http://radioclubulromaniei.ro/day-qrp-rules/?lang=en
Enjoy!

PG4I

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 21:02:11 UTC »
Thanks Pet!  ;)

Offline YO2MSB

• Petty Officer
    • My Webpage
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 21:05:00 UTC »
Opinions after the first "QRP Day" activation:
- very difficult to activate the QRP frequencies - even FT5ZM put 18.130MHz in their band plan!!!
- weak propagation on higher frequencies from YO;
- on 20m usually there are some SOTA stations in 14.285, I agree with their presence, almost always the power not exceed 30W on SOTA activations - usual 5 to 10 W;
- 40m works good, but 7090MHz and adiacent freq. are usually very crowded with non-QRP stations...
- 80m is a really mess due to russian stations transmitting on 3690MHz maybe with not less than 1kW.
Once someone put you on cluster, the things are going better, but another QRP station is difficult to find.