Quick Login

Author Topic: W7PAU  (Read 689 times)

Offline W7PAU

• Able Seaman
W7PAU
« on: February 19, 2014, 16:39:30 UTC »
 Well, I hope this is the right place for this post....Name is Paul, been a ham for about 30 years now, been into just about every aspect, mode and radio the hobby has to offer....sold most of my gear last year, most that I built, and now just down to my Johnson rigs which are only 50 watt single 6146 rigs, they are...Pacemaker a SSB, AM, and CW...and a Ranger, both are very good CW rigs, and are a blast to run. I couple these up with a Halicrafters 101A that I've had for 40 years, totaly rebuilt inside and maybe this year I will refinish the outside, that will be nice. Also I have the Johnson 1kw transmatch ...makes for a grat retro station. I have built many QRP rigs, and sold many of them to my friends and on ebay...I kept my Yeasu 817nd and a elecraft kx1....nice little rigs and very reliable. Mostly run CW, had a stroke about 14 years ago, so it slowed me down to about 15-20 wpm, but still love it most of all the modes. Love to build wire antennas, working on a multiturn loop ant for receiving right now...made from red oak and copper inside the tuner box, hoping to get most of the bands from 20-160 meters....we will see?!?!?! Hi hi hi....big dreams! Well that's about it for now, hope to have good visits with all of you...73s for now .....sk
W7PAU

Offline G0BVZ

• Commodore
  • Feet in England heart in Ireland. Éirinn go Brách!
Re: W7PAU
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 17:53:11 UTC »
You're very welcome here, Paul, you should fit right in.  There's a kinda nautical theme, lots of fun and and plenty to check out.  As it happens, I'm the Ship's Cat, pleased to meetcha'.  The members hail from VE to VK and all points in between.  Why don't you take a turn around the upper deck and get yer bearings?

Got to go now, there's kippers to inspect in the Tavern galley if Mike don't catch me at it... ;D

Vic

Offline W7PAU

• Able Seaman
Re: W7PAU
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 21:08:46 UTC »
Thanks Vic, yea maybe this weekend will just set and see what's going on....slotcar racing tonight, just built a new Nascar, we will see what happens....regards, Paul
W7PAU