Quick Login

Author Topic: Greetings from VK6JON  (Read 1353 times)

Offline vk6jon

• Leading Rate
Greetings from VK6JON
« on: December 17, 2014, 23:15:41 UTC »
Hi all,

I've just joined this forum and thought I'd take a moment to say a quick 'hi'.

I'm currently staying in Edinburgh, Scotland until April 2015 so I'm operating as MM0/VK6JON at the moment. I've done a fair amount of QRP SSB operation from my current home city Perth in VK6 working many countries with my Yaesu FT857, 7-9 Ah battery and Buddipole antenna.

I enjoy cycling to sites by the river and ocean and operating with as little as 5 watts. The close proximity to saltwater give me signals as high as 5/8-9 in Europe/UK at times.

I'm currently operating from the car in the mobile but using power out of the QRP range (20 - 40 watts) but will look forward to more QRP when I return 'down under' next year.

Cheers,

Jonathan VK6JON

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
Re: Greetings from VK6JON
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 23:28:17 UTC »
Hi and greetings from the original Perth - about 30 miles north of you Jonathan.
Hope you enjoy your stay in Scotland!

73/72, Dave
Dave

Offline vk6jon

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 08:31:55 UTC »
Hello Dave,

Thanks for the message. I'm fairly sure I've heard you on air somewhere - your callsign sounds familiar.

Will be visiting there at some stage of our trip. My partner was brought up between Dundee and Perth and has friends in Perth.

Very different from the other one!   ;D

Have a good Xmas and New Year.

Jonathan

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:17:27 UTC »
I'm halfway between Perth & Dundee in Errol. Antennas are visible from high street so if passing pop in!
Dave

Offline vk6jon

• Leading Rate
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 22:24:34 UTC »
My partner tells me that the farm where she was raised is not far from you. She was brought up near Abernyte if you know it.

Offline vk6jon

• Leading Rate
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 22:36:36 UTC »
I've just realised that we were in the Western Isles at the same time earlier this year.

We did a Western Isle trip for about a fortnight from late September and visited Harris, Lewis, North and South Uist, Benbecula, Barra and Mull.