QRP Station > Transceivers

Rigs that got away

<< < (2/6) > >>

sm5mek:
Well i donĀ“t regret i sold my first HF rig, it was one HW101, and i also got me one ramp with digital diplay to this radio, yes it was one display in a box to place above the rig, it contains a frequence counter with nixietubes. Realy nice to see the sifhers walking front and back in the  tubes. Instead i bought me one Drake TR-4C, still taking place here. Unused for many years.

VE2TH:

Well I don't regret, but the TEN-TEC ARGOSY MODEL 525-D was the one I loved very much
and one that I kept 15 years of very good service and I had really lot of fun with it doint thousands of QSO's 

It was a very simple, construction and to operate as well.
The Argosy was only SSB/CW transceiver, with 5 watts/50 watts, or anywhere in between, as low as one watt out. 

The only reason I sold it, was at the time, to have a new transceiver with more features such as the new WARC bands, the addition of 6 meters and also all modes, which are a must.

But sometimes it is a question of finance, and new technology.

Finally new technologies, yes,  but I'm still doing the same good CW day after day.-  ;D

G0BVZ:

--- Quote from: VE2TH on January 26, 2014, 18:19:16 UTC ---
Well I don't regret, but the TEN-TEC ARGOSY MODEL 525-D was the one I loved very much
and one that I kept 15 years of very good service and I had really lot of fun with it doint thousands of QSO's

--- End quote ---

The Argosy was a well respected rig: it still is!!   -Great shame it could not be equipped with the WARC bands. Seriously, if I had to choose between having WAC and digital modes, I think I'd go for WARC.   Digital modes come and go: CW is for ever. Floreat CW!  (Latin, yet...   ;D)

Vic

ve3lyx:
When I returned to Ontario in Dec 1967  I left my No11 tank radios at my rooming house (lac deux montagne). They were complete and in working condition. At 17 hormones and cars had taken over and radio seemed not important. Now I wish I had even one of them to use. I have never even had a chance to replace them. Must be very rare. I bought them at RADIO Centre in Chomedy for $4.95 EACH about 1964
Don

f5gsk:
HI,
I regret selling my HW7 ,HW8 and also my sg2020 (great rig...)and my ic735 (at 5 watts)... may be , perhaps... i'll buy an tentec... one the day..... i'm dreaming....
Pierre

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version