Quick Login

Author Topic: Newe QRP rig  (Read 3444 times)

Offline VE4AKI

• Petty Officer
Newe QRP rig
« on: November 05, 2016, 16:54:59 UTC »
Recently got a new [ for me ] QRP rig, a LNR FX4A and am quite impressed with its performance. I also made a very small straight key to go with it. Both are shown in the attached photo. Hope to catch some of you guys [ or gals ] on the air in the near furure. Thanks for looking-----------Tom

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
Re: Newe QRP rig
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 20:35:24 UTC »
Neat little Radio Tom, I've just watched a demo on Youtube. Great little key too - nice job you've done there!

72, Dave
Dave

Offline VE4AKI

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 17:24:51 UTC »
Thanks for the kind words Dave. I find great pleasure in operating with home brew items so a lot of my station is homebrew. Antennas, antenna tuners, keys, microphones, power meters and power supplies
are among the items I use on a regular basis. Thanks again and hope to hear you someday if conditions
allow.
73-------tom

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 20:57:40 UTC »
Thanks for the kind words Dave. I find great pleasure in operating with home brew items so a lot of my station is homebrew. Antennas, antenna tuners, keys, microphones, power meters and power supplies
are among the items I use on a regular basis. Thanks again and hope to hear you someday if conditions
allow.
73-------tom
Tom, I work John VE1BA regularly 2 way QRP (5W) - twice this week in fact. So there's a good chance of making a QRP contact with you!
Dave

Offline VE4AKI

• Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 21:24:35 UTC »
Hi Dave. Well Winnipeg is at least 2500 Km. from the east coast and I rarely hear stations on the east coast. I usually hang around 14.060 so perhaps I'll get lucky. Thanks--------Tom