Quick Login

Author Topic: Hello from ZL  (Read 895 times)

Offline zl2NJ

• Able Seaman
Hello from ZL
« on: December 15, 2013, 05:58:02 UTC »
Hi everyone,

My name is Phil  from New Zealand and my call ZL2NJ. I have been a ham for over forty years but all that time my main interest has been portable QRP equipment or pack-sets which sits nicely with my other interest tramping / hiking. In my working life I am an  R F electronics technician.

My greatest interest within the QRP world is designing and building my own equipment from scratch. I also get a lot of pleasure from helping others to do the same.  I am also co-ordinator of the ZL-QRP group and we try to put out a newsletter at least four times a year. covering what members are up to, both in QRP construction and operating. Also interesting QRP news and articles from around the world.

Thank you.

Regards
Phil ZL2NJ
Wanganui
New Zealand

Offline zs1mjj

• Able Seaman
Re: Hello from ZL
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 19:28:28 UTC »
Hi there Phil, re Scratch building  that is what we call the subject
I have been on the air also  40 years and do a bit of that . !! Like to do more .
I found a US ham also intersted in scratch building . I will gewt hold of him and then we can exchange notes and discuss it all .
Nice to meet you . Did you meet my old pal Peter from Zs  zl1pdt  yet , but he does not build anything .!!!

Matt ZS1MJJ