Quick Login

Author Topic: Elecraft Tech Support -Just Brilliant!!  (Read 1221 times)

Offline GM0LVI

• Admiral
Elecraft Tech Support -Just Brilliant!!
« on: October 27, 2014, 22:57:13 UTC »
After attempting an update of MCU and DSP on my KX3 this morning I ran into what seemed a serious problem - I couldn't get the DSP to update, though the MCU update worked fine. I went through all the error messages and then through all the 'fixes' in the manual to no avail.
Totally stumped, depressed and thinking 'this is going to be expensive to fix'. at 3.20pm I emailed Tech Support at Elecraft with a list of my actions and error messages and QSYd to Ebay to see if there were any affordable HF rigs I might get while waiting for parts or repair.
I was still browsing Ebay when at about 4.10pm I received a reply from Elecraft describing the steps I should go through to fix the problem. Fifteen minutes later the problem was fixed and the KX3 is now running better than ever.

Tech support doesn't come much better than this!
Dave

Offline G0BVZ

• Commodore
  • Feet in England heart in Ireland. Éirinn go Brách!
Re: Elecraft Tech Support -Just Brilliant!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 08:46:23 UTC »
You must have been very unlucky: don't often hear about Elecraft kit going wrong.  :)

Offline IZ2DQB

• Able Seaman
Re: Elecraft Tech Support -Just Brilliant!!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:31:05 UTC »
I agree with you Dave. Elecraft has a great customer service; I've just completed my new K2 and had no issues at all, so no need to use their support, but nevertheless they were very effective in tracking my shipment on my request (I am always a bit nervous when such a preciuos box is traveling around the world from such far away).
When I built the KX1, this summer, I had missing the back cover (actually there were 2 front covers). I sent a mail to Elecraft and they manage to send me a new back cover very quickly: just after a week I had the KX1 complete with the regualr back cover. Not bad for a customer service located oversea.

72, Frank IZ2DQB
Frank IZ2DQB.