QRP Station > Antennas

What's your favourite antenna coupler/tuner?

(1/4) > >>

DF5WW:
Using here a ZM-4 (by QRPShop Berlin) qrp coupler for my ladderline and koax feeded antennas. Nice coupler. It don´t works as low- or highpass coupler, it works as a "bandpass". Nice if you use indoors and have some wideband qrm from the neighbourhood.

What´s your favourite qrp couplers ???

ve3lyx:
I use a homebrew antenna tuner which is a PI network but also has a C series only capability. It loads a long wire up an average of 50ft . The single wire is 137 feet long and the feeder is 67 feet. It is end fed and since putting it up has been my antenna of choice easily outperforming anything else I have ever had at this particular QTH with the possible exception of my ground mounted 20M vertical which almost never fails to return a reply. I use the tuner and long wire for all contacts except 20M SSB.

RV3GM:
Years I use homebrew L-tuner (circuit included). There are 9 positions rotatory switch. variable capacitor may be connected to both ends of inductor or stay free, two additional cap's may be connected to var.cap. That is the same principle as in Elecraft's tuners. I like it.

m0jha:
The L match in the Elecraft are good for random wires/end fed etc which the likes of the KX1 tuner are designed for albeit not very wide tuning range on them ..

I'm using the EMTECH ZM2 z match tuner at the moment and this thing will tune a chair leg ..

I have only just started using an atu as I have only worked monoband dipoles for a few years ...

YO2MSB:
I used for a couple of time the LDG products. Not bad tuners! But now I have in my shack an SGC MAC-200 and it's a completly different thing: not only tuning the antennas but making them radiating, most important.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version