Quick Login

Author Topic: QRP QRP QRP!!!  (Read 1614 times)

Offline WB3T

• Able Seaman
QRP QRP QRP!!!
« on: January 19, 2014, 14:28:34 UTC »
Hi everyone,

I was originally licensed in 1975 and being a young struggling parent, could only afford a 5 Watt transmitter. That started my love for QRP. My web page linked from QRZ.com shows many of the QRP rigs and other projects I have built along the way. Having fallen in love with radio at age 10, I have now built over 200 kits in my lifetime, more than half have been radio related.

I operate 99% QRP and belong to several QRP clubs. I really enjoy QRP-to-go in the warmer months, and can't wait for the next contest. I have a K1, KX1, and K2 as well as many monoband QRP transceivers, but my favorite is the Wilderness Sierra. The receiver in that rig just can't be beat. I use a wire vertical cut for 40m and use a tuner to operate the other bands although I don't need the tuner on 15 - it gets a near perfect match as is. I also use portable verticals and dipoles when operating portable.

I am on the QRP frequencies daily so look for me there. I may be the weak signal you hear as I also enjoy QRPp and QRPp DX - under a Watt operating. In fact this morning I made a contact with only 100 mW.

72/73, see you on the air!
Bob, WB3T (Pennsylvania)
http://radiowb3t.homestead.com/index.html

PG4I

Re: QRP QRP QRP!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 15:08:05 UTC »
Nice setup, how do you manage to switch between the different rigs?

Offline WB3T

• Able Seaman
Re: QRP QRP QRP!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 19:14:18 UTC »
I just plug 'em in and plug 'em out!   : )    Most often I clear the desk set up what I want to use. Here's an example - my HW-8 station...