Quick Login

Author Topic: What is everyone building? Anything exciting?  (Read 4739 times)

Offline AK0B

• Leading Rate
What is everyone building? Anything exciting?
« on: October 23, 2015, 17:34:59 UTC »
I am still playing with Pixie type circuits.  I tried to find a FOXX-3 circuit on the web but wasn't able to.

Been looking at automatic audio output levers and solid state select-o-Jet circuits to add to simple DIY receivers. It has started getting cool here so will not be fun to work on antennas.

So share what you desire or have on the work bench. 

Stan AK0B

Offline n7eku

• Leading Rate
Re: What is everyone building? Anything exciting?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 15:01:32 UTC »
Hi Stan,

Unfortunately, all my stuff is in storage at the moment, but I hope to finish moving and start building again soon.  I do have some pictures of my last work in progress.  I can try to dig them out of my hard drive maybe :-)

For the FOXX-3, have you seen this:  http://www.gqrp.com/The_Sprat_Pixie_File.pdf ?

Mark.

Offline AK0B

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 14:22:23 UTC »
Thanks Mark, I haven't been able to resolve the circuit on page 15 of the Sprat Pixie collection with the picture of the FOXX3 on the following page.  It appears the osc section is considerable more complex on the PCB. My Sprat CD doesn't have the FOXX3 circuit. Guess its time to get the latest version.

The Sprat collection has a lot of nice circuits in it.  I have built several versions of the Pixies. Almost have one of the Chinese CD4066 Pixie versions (Ebay)  finished.  Amazing what one can do with a CMOS switch.  :)

These simple circuits do a wonderful job on 80 and 40.  Its beginning to feel like Winter here, so will spend more time at the work bench. 

Regards, hope to meet you on the bands some day. 
Stan AK0B

Offline WH7TT

• Leading Rate
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 05:25:07 UTC »
Aloha,
   I just finished QRPKITS Scout Regen and it works. I had heard about Regen Receivers and wanted to see how they sounded and worked. It was a very cool and fun kit. I use it to listen to shortwave.
Mahalo,
Edward

Offline AK0B

• Leading Rate
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 07:58:10 UTC »
The more you use a  regen the more you will love it  Takes a while to get use to the basic controls but they are fun at any age.  Certainly not just for the younger ham.  Don't over load it only need a short antenna.

Stan AK0B

Offline WH7TT

• Leading Rate
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 04:30:21 UTC »
Stan,
    I am finding it is very sensitive nad learning to use the regen control is definitely a talent. It was a very fun build. I think I might try a homebrew version of it next.
Mahalo,
Edward

Offline ve3lyx

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 11:46:05 UTC »
I am working on a beam power regen based on a traditional ECO circuit. I got the idea after building and using the 42 tube transmitter. Started building after lunch yesterday and had it powered up and running by supper. A couple of times it was working real well. But it is not consistent yet so I have to find the culprit. Cost was zero so no loss whatever the outcome. very simple circuit.
don VE3LYX

Offline n7eku

• Leading Rate
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 02:21:24 UTC »
Hi Stan,

KB3VCQ has a very nice high magnification picture of a FOXX-3 PCB on his wordpress site.  As far as I can tell, the oscillator section looks just the same as in the collection schematic.  Looks like they just changed the 3.9 resistor for a trim pot.

Well, half my workshop stuff has arrived, so I need to see what I got and start setting up.  A QSO would be great if you don't mind slow code.

Mark.

Offline ON5QRP

• Able Seaman
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 21:44:38 UTC »
Hello  all qrper,s
I have finish my 7 mhz transceiver ( a home brew is never finished...)
Receiver is fantastic and TX is QRPP 1 watt for the moment
Have put a video on youtube.
Francky ON5QRP ( Ex - ON5SE )