Quick Login

Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 621 times)

Offline k8hw

• Leading Rate
I'm back
« on: February 15, 2022, 18:35:05 UTC »
I received an email asking me to leave a sign of my presence. Well, here I am! It’s been a while since I’ve been on this forum and I’m glad to be back.

My IC-706MKII died in January of 2018. I can’t afford to send it out for repair. I replaced it with a Recent RS-918 SDR QRP transceiver. I am really impressed with this small rig. I have been working in digital modes (JT65, JT9, FT8 and FT4) since February 2018.

I also lost my main antenna due to getting new windows installed. I was using ladder line and can no longer pass it through a window while having the window locked. I chose security over the feed line.

I bought an MFJ-936B loop tuner and started to experiment. I found I can work 30m, 20m and 17m with a 10ft long piece of ¼” copper tubing and 17m, 15m, 12m, and 10m with a 4½ft long piece of ¼” copper tubing. I have been able to work Europe frequently with the rig running 5 watts and the loop sitting in my shack!

I want to start using CW once again as the band conditions seem to be getting better. Hope to see you guys on the bands.

72 Dave - K8HW

Offline XE1GXG/WB7AVF

• Able Seaman
Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 18:52:10 UTC »
Likewise, I rcvd an email. I am back, as well. 72 de XE1GXG Guadalajara.... ..

Offline IZ5ZCO

• Admiral
  • The world is too small for QRO.
    • QRP Club
Re: I'm back
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 11:16:11 UTC »
Welcome back.  :)
72 de Nicola