Quick Login

Author Topic: greetings from indiana usa  (Read 636 times)

Offline ac9xh

• Petty Officer
  • Love CW and QRP. it gives me a purpose
greetings from indiana usa
« on: February 12, 2022, 20:29:31 UTC »
hello

AC9XH here.
Ive been a ham operator since late 70s. operated mostly CW Qrp since i was just a young guy with a short budget.
owned a johnson viking xmitter with 3 80m crystals and a hallicrafters s38b receiver. worked my way up to a heathkit hw-8 and thought i had the world. I still do ,using Qrp. i use an A&A Engineering 30 meter Cw transceiver that puts out 3.5 watts, I have a qrpguys afp-fsk ft8 transceiver with 40,30 and 20 meter modules build with 4 blank module boards waiting for parts for 80,17,12,and 10 meters.I have about 3.5 watts on output and have contacted 35 countries with it. Would do 160 but my vertical wont load for that band.
Love all sorts of ham radio. Also a shortwave radio listener. Even though some of the big guns have shut down their transmitters, there are still alot of listening to do.
started as a novice and worked my way up to extra  class, and love to homebrew equipment.
I also have an argonaut 509 transceiver, and a few homebrew 80,30 meter transceivers.I also have an ubitx which is cranked down via the drive pot, to not run over 4 watts.Did have an icom 746 which cranks down to about 3 watts but sold it  due to the power requirements it had.Looking to buy some kits this year and also homebrew a few transmitter/receiver combo setups.Im also a hoarder when it comes to junk electronics.Wife says i need to get rid of some stuff,but when the chip shortage hit she said"well better hang on to your stuff,honey!!" Dumpster and alley pickings are where i get alot of my parts but certain parts i have to order.Have all handmade CW keys. straight key and a great lakes sideswiper.

hope to contact you all on the bands.
David
AC9XH

Offline IZ5ZCO

• Admiral
  • The world is too small for QRO.
    • QRP Club
Re: greetings from indiana usa
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 11:18:29 UTC »
Welcome aboard.  :)
72 de Nicola